Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns stashing and/or sharing certain content on a web server handled by a hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various aims, so let's have a glance at these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to own a site, email address accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by various hosts, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages often include advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly unsuitable explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the load between independent stacks of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a great number of pics with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is typically free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to tackling your email box accounts. Some corporations offer website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you would like to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many videos as you desire without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Get Hosted, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular content solely.